Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Best Deals This Week (and last)

So... my guess is you are probably looking at this and thinking - who in the world needs THAT much shampoo?! Well, let me tell you first that for any of you who watched TLC's Extreme Couponing - I am NOT turning into the lady that bought 60+ things of mustard just because they were free (as I told Kelly today - I don't really even LIKE mustard - haha). First of all - these are the brands that I use normally (nothing like scoring on an amazing sale on things that you already LOVE) - the different types of Herbal Essence are because of the whole "you're supposed to change your shampoo every 3 months... blah blah blah" thing that I have heard before - plus I like having the different smells. And I also love Aussie hair spray. However, I want you to know that I am aware that this seems like a lot of shampoo - and it is. But let me give you the breakdown of why.

This week (4/3 - 4/9) at CVS - Herbal Essence and Aussie products were on sale 2 for $5.49.Normally they are anywhere from 3.99 to 5.49 each - so this on it's on wasn't a bad deal. But it gets better. On Monday of this week I had my first trial and error of using a coupon clipping service to get coupons we don't have here. I used www.couponsthingsbydede.com and ordered 8 Buy1Get1Free coupons for Herbal Essence products (which cost $1.60 shipped) and 6 coupons for $1.00 off 2 Herbal Essence/Aussie products (which cost $0.60 shipped). Once I got the coupons on Friday I was eager to see if this was going to work as well as I thought it was.


CVS was also running an Extra Care Bucks Special where you get $10 ECB if you spend $30. So this morning I went to CVS and this was the breakdown:


2 Aussie Hair Spray (originally $5.49 each)

6 Herbal Essence Spampoos (originally $3.99 each)

2 Herbal Essence Conditioners (originally $3.99 each)

2 Herbal Essence Scrunching Gels (originally $4.59 each)


====================

This WOULD have cost me (before tax): $52.08


I actually SPENT (after tax): $13.12

+ Cost of coupons from service = $2.20


Coupons I used:

6 B1G1 Herbal Essence/Aussie Products

6 $1.00 off Two Herbal Essence/Aussie Products
======================

My TOTAL expense = $15.32



Extra Care Bucks Earned = $10.00



TOTAL SPENT: $5.32


That is a 90% savings. Each item was ONLY 44 cents a piece. CRAZY.


Overall, I say again, it is WORTH it to watch the sales - and I must say, for my first time using a couponing service - I think it was certainly worth the little bit of money that I spent. Overall, I am REALLY loving this CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY "dip" into the shallow end of the coupon pool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment