Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Our adventure into... Cloth diapering

A look inside of our diapering world - the top drawer of our changing table
From L-R (back row) you have an extra pail liner in yellow, 6 Bum Genius 3.0s, Flip inserts, and newborn GMD prefolds. (front row) You have our burp cloths, a few disposables just in case, and then the Thirsties and Flip covers.


So this is a strange thing to show you - I know. But for me, it gives me a little bit of sanity in this crazy new world of parenting AND it gives me a little bit of pride in the fact that we've FINALLY done it. With tomorrow being four weeks into this new role as parents, we have started cloth diapering.

For those of you that I talked to through my pregnancy, you know that I got the notion that this was something I wanted to do from several of my mommy friends who have manage to do this successfully. Namely, Nichole at niclupton who was a friend of mine in college and Sarah, our associate minister's daughter. They made it look and sound SO easy - and the prints are so cute... so I started checking into it. Add to that all of the money that you can save all while making the world a little greener - and I was in!

Our stash consists of 24 green mountain Cloth-eez prefolds in size newborn and 24 in size small, 3 Thirsties Duo Wraps (with 3 more on the way - because they are the only ones that are fitting little man at the moment, as he lives up to his name with the tiniest little rear end around), 4 Flip covers with inserts, 7 BumGenius 3.0 All in one diapers (that will fit him until he is 35 pounds - at which point he better be potty trained!), and 2-3 other random AIO diapers that we have gotten from Kelly's closet which is wear we buy most of our diapering things.

We are trying out different things to see what works for us... but are currently using prefolds and covers during the day and the AIO diapers at nighttime because they keep him drier. His diaper rash and redness has already gone away, and it seems to be agreeing with his little bottom. Overall - so far - I am loving it.

Christopher comes home tomorrow (he has been at a Music Educator's conference) so he hasn't gotten to experience this adventure yet - so I'll keep you updated on how that goes! I will also post pictures of his cute little rear end in the fun prints sometime in the future - you can bet on it. (Little man's rear end - not Christopher's - in case you were confused!)

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!! Glad to see things going well so far!! We're gearing up our stash for #2 right now :) It really is as easy as it looks, and for the cheapies of the world (::cough cough me::) its a HUGE money saver! Lemme know if you hit any speed bumps or need any help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Chris & Caden could get matching prints... a little father/son bonding ;) (Ireally am just kidding about this...)

    ReplyDelete